Hajjar Peters attorneys represent various types of financial institutions, as well as corporate and individual shareholders, in forming, operating, acquiring, expanding, and liquidating different types of entities.
Our attorneys work directly with the boards of directors, management, in-house legal departments, and local counsel of financial institutions. The full range of our counsel to financial institution clients is signficant:
- - We advise on the legal, business, and regulatory aspects of acquisitions and mergers, stock purchases, tender offers, asset purchases, and acquisitions.
- - We advise on federal and state regulations involving lending limits, truth-in-lending, community reinvestment, fair lending, capital maintenance, director responsibilities and liabilities, usury, and permissible activities.
- - We advise on capital formation involving private offerings of common and preferred stock, debentures, and other securities.
- - We advise on capital and acquisition plans, and other strategic planning matters.
- - We advise on governance issues related to board and shareholder meetings, proxy statement preparation and review, procedural issues, confidentiality issues, voting, and buy-sell agreements.
- - We advise on document preparation for commercial loans, real estate loans, letters of credit, asset-based loans, consumer loans, lease financings, and participations.
- - We advise on the preparation and review of loan documents, deposit agreements, and service agreements.
- - We advise on loan collections and loan workouts.