THE TEAMKareem T. HajjarDoran D. PetersJesse B. ButlerJohnny K. MerrittChristopher WikeMark AveryDiana BordenAngela C. WoodburyKyle Dufour Dirk R. MooreStephen Orsinger Benjamin RuizRon SatijaPaula SchmitzDavid Valenti Mary WingfieldMonica B. StallingsRobert G. WheelerAdam Bernhard
JESSE B. BUTLER
office (512) 637-4956 fax (512) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Butler has over 14 years of experience handling commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, debt collection, and bankruptcy matters. In addition, Mr. Butler handles insurance defense litigation (both first and third party), professional liability litigation, product liability litigation, LLC formations, and business contract formations.
Mr. Butler was honored by his peers as a 2010- 2016 Super Lawyer - Rising Star by Law & Politics magazine (and published by Texas Monthly). Mr. Butler has a “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest rating.
• Obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a multi-national corporation in which the plaintiffs asked the jury for over $5 million dollars.
• Represented a non-profit organization in a complex contract dispute, and helped the organization collect over a million dollars.
• Represented a large tech company in a complex contract dispute, negotiated and collected a $650,000 settlement on a previously unrecoverable claim.
• Obtained a summary judgment for a client who was sued for legal malpractice. In addition, obtained a $40,000 sanctions award against the plaintiff and his law firm for all costs associated with defending this legal malpractice lawsuit.
• Obtained verdict in a two-day administrative court final hearing (equivalent to a trial), while defending a licensed professional counselor in danger of having her license revoked.
• Obtained a summary judgment on behalf of a telecommunications company that was accused of violating several chapters of the Austin City Code.
Professional and Community Activities:
• Hispanic Bar Association of Austin ("HBAA") – Former President
• HBAA Foundation Board – Former Chair
• 2012 Austin Diversity Report Card Committee - Chair
• St. Edward’s University Alumni Board of Directors – Former Chair
• St. Edward’s University GOLD Associates Club (donor organization) – Chair
• 2012-2013 Austin Bar Association Board of Directors – Representative
• Texas Bar Association – Member
• Mexican-American Bar Association of Texas – Member
• Hispanic National Bar Association – Member
• Wayside Schools Board of Trustees – Former Secretary and Board Member
Speeches and Presentations:
• Presented on the topic of Texas obtaining the Initiative and Referendum process. From 1999 to 2000, Mr. Butler spoke to over 100 clubs and organizations on this topic.
• "Drafting Settlement Agreements: Pitfalls, Traps to Avoid, and Other Do's & Don't's" (co-authored) Texas State Bar's litigation section's The Advocate, Vol. 40 (Fall 2007).
• Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2003, Editor SMU Law Review, Barristers, John Marshall Moot Court Team, Officer of the Hispanic American Law Students Association
• St. Edward's University, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude, Student Body President, Varsity Basketball, Presidential Award winner
• 2017 Finalist for Mentor of the Year - Austin Under 40 Award
• 2016 HBAA Presidential Award
• Selected to the Inaugural "The Latino American Who's Who TOP 100"
• All Courts in Texas
• United States District Court Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
• United States Bankruptcy District Court Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas